June 10, 2020
Stay Safe MN | COVID-19
June 10, 2020
With Governor Walz’s announcement on Friday, June 5th regarding the Stay Safe MN plan, we are taking the next step in reopening our communities today, Wednesday, June 10th. This will include offices, non-emergency maintenance services, fitness centers and pools (once inspected by the appropriate municipality). The health and safety of our residents and associates will continue to be our primary focus. We will continue to follow guidance from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Minnesota Department of Health, and local and national industry groups to implement appropriate policies in accordance with Federal, State and local regulation and guidance.
Please watch for signage your Property Managers will be putting in place as each community is laid out a little differently. As a reminder, large gatherings of more than 25 people outdoors and 10 people indoors are still prohibited.
- Offices are open BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, and still practicing social distancing. Please be mindful of the floor markings and remain 6’ apart.
- Use hand sanitizer or wipes provided before and after meeting with office staff.
- Face coverings are required when interacting with office staff, except for young children at risk of suffocation and persons who cannot medically tolerate wearing one. Social distancing must also be practiced as recommended by the CDC.
- Package acceptance in the office will continue to be suspended. Please continue to work directly with your package service for delivery options.
- Work orders will be prioritized based on the level of urgency, and then by date of when you called in the work order. Please report any work orders that you may have been holding off on.
- A team member will call you to schedule appointment for work order completion, and ask the following questions:
- Has anyone in the apartment traveled internationally?
- Does anyone in the apartment have a fever?
- Is anyone in the apartment taking care of someone who is sick or has been sick?
If the answer is YES to any of the above, we will ask to schedule for another time after the isolation period has passed.
- Maintenance will request that you relocate to another room while performing the work order, or simply to take a walk in the building or outside.
- Proper PPE will be worn by our maintenance team when performing work orders in units, i.e. gloves, masks, booties.
- The number of residents allowed in the fitness center at a time will be limited depending on the size of the space. Please refer to the occupancy limit signage posted outside the fitness center.
- Before using the equipment, please take time to carefully read the posted Amenity Space Waiver.
- As each fitness center is different at each of our communities, time allowance limits may be required for room, machine and equipment use. Please see posted fitness center rules where applicable.
- You may notice at some communities that equipment has been rearranged or designated as out of service (power cord removed) to promote 6 feet of social distancing.
- All fitness equipment that could not be easily disinfected has been removed or disabled. These would include yoga mats, stretch bands, ropes, foam rollers, etc.
- Where applicable, social distance markers have been placed on the floor to indicate where residents can stand to remain six feet apart.
- Drinking fountains will be closed to help deter the spread of germs. Touch-free bottle fillers where applicable are open.
- Sanitary equipment wipes or spray will be made available for residents to wipe equipment before and after use.
- We ask the resident’s assistance in keeping these areas clean. We will continue our increased level cleaning and sanitizing throughout the space as well.
POOL/GRILL AREA RE-OPENING:
Pools will open upon an approved city inspection. Your Property Manager will communicate when individual community pools will open.
- The number of residents allowed in the pool and/or grill areas will be limited depending on the size of the space. In most cases, this will effectively reduce the regular posted capacity by 50%.
- Signage will give clear direction on the number of residents permitted at a time.
- Before using the pool area, please take time to carefully read the posted Amenity Space Waiver.
- If pool capacity is full, we ask that you please be respectful of your neighbors and limit your pool time to 2-hour sessions during peak usage.
- Guests will not be allowed at the pool.
- Please follow separate entries and exits to pool, where applicable.
- The number of tables, chairs, and pool chaises may be reduced, rearranged, or designated as out of use to promote social distancing and compliance with state or local limits on gatherings.
- Please observe social distance markers where applicable.
- Please continue to bring your own utensils for grilling.
- Anti-bacterial spray or wipes will be provided for you to clean your chair before and after use. There will be a designated area with signage for access to this product.
- We will continue our increased level of cleaning and sanitizing throughout the space as well.
We look forward to seeing you all again! We are extremely grateful for all of you and are very happy you have chosen to make our community your home. Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for your loyalty!
Steven Scott Management